The Liebster Blog Award

Okay, that is not lobster but liebster.  A new blog friend of mine gave this award to me.  It is very flattering and I'm honored and very happy to receive this.

Thank you very much, Cecille (FliPinay Wee Blether)!  Thank you!

Liebster (pronounce: leeb - stir) is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.  The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.


Just like the previous award I received, this also have rules that must be followed.  Here are the rules:
  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer. 
  3. Choose 11 people you think deserves the Liebster award and link them in your post. 
  4. Go to their page and tell them. 
  5. Remember, no tag backs!

The Eleven (11) Things About Myself:


1. When attending birthday or party, I look for ice cream. And I don't eat everything that's offered. I pick the ones that I seldom eat and at small proportions. 

2. I have like two or three boxes of romance novels (Tagalog) and other books I purchased including spiritual, inspirational or religious books.  (Note: if you want to buy some from me, let me know.  I'll give it to you half the original price). 

3. During my childhood days, I was boyish.  My hair was "siyete" (English: seven, similar to boy's cut).  My playmates are mostly boys.  I do play dolls and girly toys but most often, I play outside the house with my boy friends and some girls. I've played "langit lupa", "syato", "patintero", "habulang pulis", "chinese garter", "football", climbing on trees etc...

4. Although I play with boys, I was very timid and quiet at school.  There were times I was being bullied or took advantaged of.  But I learned to fight back, of course; after a year or so.

5. Pancit Guisado and Fried Chicken are the foods I can eat everyday (walang sawa).   

6. People's first impression of me (seeing me first time) are "isnabera" (snobbish) and "masungit" (short-tempered).  But actually, if it's the first time of meeting, I'm just being shy.  Later on they find out I'm slightly "kalog" (naughty, fun).

7. I can't sleep with lights open.  Since I'm a night owl, I improvise "night mode" for me to sleep.

8. I'm a big sports fan.  I can watch sports game with boys.  Although, I don't know all the rules in each of the sports I watch.  With that said, I had watched the recently concluded London Olympics - the whole two weeks of it; most of the games.

9. I'm fond of anime! When I get home in the morning, I see to it that I don't miss 'em.  So funny that when my niece stayed with us for two days, we had to fight which anime we are going to watch first.

10. When I buy at supermarket or mall, I check the price, where it's made of and the nutritional values (for food) - in that order.  I usually prefer products made in the Philippines.  I do buy products made in other countries since it's inevitable but I buy more local produce.

11. Tetris is one my favorite digital games.



Now, here are Cecille's questions that I must answer:


What was your childhood dream? 
     »»  I dreamed of being a teacher, a singer and a model.

What’s the best/worst gift you've ever given/received?  
     »»  Best gift I've ever received was my first gift; from my grandaunt (I also call lola).  I don't recall receiving worse gift.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
     »»  I always dream of Darna and Cinderella. 

What was the last film that made you cry? 
     »»  Believe it or not, it was Transformer: Revenge of the Fallen.

What is one of your favorite quotes?
     »»  "Honesty is the best policy."  And my own quote: "if it's the truth, even if it hurts, still it's the truth".

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? and Why?
     »»  Sorry, I don't wish to stay in a certain age forever. :)

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
     »»  I want to learn Spanish language, learn Arnis de Mano and learn how to drive a car.
 
What kind of scent/smell do you love the most?
    »»  Cool citrus smell - not the very strong one.  Just light.

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
    »»  I don't play the lottery, sorry again.

Who is the person that inspire you the most? and Why?
    »»  No one in particular but my family.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
    »» Jesus Christ the Nazarene!



Now, I'm giving the Liebster Award to the ff:

Tazein Mirza Saad - a poet http://tazein22.blogspot.in/
Nhing - a pet lover and is looking at life as an endless learning http://shinenhing.blogspot.com/
Kurchi - a foodie and inventor of recipes! http://wowdish.blogspot.com/
Simone - compiler of jokes http://www.alldayjokes.com/
Freddie - loves travelling http://www.fromatravellersdesk.com/
Filmansantiago - he invited me to join in his FB group "Facebook Ramblings" http://etc.soundsfunny.ws/
Little Human Being - writes story through his illustrations http://little-human-being.blogspot.com
Pinoy Chocophile - this is really about "sweetness" http://pinoychocophile.blogspot.com/
Our Penguin in Havana - a Dutch writer http://cloudsanddaffodils.blogspot.com/
Racquel (Artists-Square) - she's got loads of poems http://rockadocious.blogspot.com/
Untonyto - I think he got serious stuff :) http://www.antonyhimself.blogspot.com/


And here are my questions for these 11 bloggers:

1. What made you decide to blog? Or why are you blogging?
2. If there's one joke you can share, what is it? Come on...
3. What's the silliest name you have ever heard of?
4. What's the funniest movie you have ever seen?
5. What is your greatest dream?
6. If you are given a power that you can use for one day (24 hours), what would it be and how would you use it?
7. Who would be the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with?
8. If you can travel the whole world, where do you want to go?
9. Who is a hero for you?
10. What's your most embarrassing moment?
11. If you are a plant or a flower, what would you be? Why?


Thanks again for the award!  And enjoy reading!


~*Joan*~

Comments

  1. i thought, "liebster" can be pronounced as "liyebster".. hahaha.. at least, i learned something today about german language.. anyway, congratulations for this yet another award.. you deserved it.. ituloy mo lang..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po! (Thank you)

      Akala ko rin "liyebster" 'yon! :-D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the Liebster Award. It's an honour for me to be picked by one of the best bloggers I know. Thanks Joan for the recognition.
    Freddie
    www.fromatravellersdesk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you kuya! You deserve the award.:-)

      (to myself: yehey! I have a fan out there!)

      Delete
  3. Hello joan! glad to find out that I was chosen as one of your awardees. I'll try to answer your list of questions.. I mean, I will do.. hehe.. Again thank you and Happy Blogging from Shine-Nhing Notes http://shinenhing.blogspot.com :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Carol! I'm looking forward to reading your answers to my questions. Hehe ;-)

    Happy blogging, too! Enjoy! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHoop Whoop - thanks for the nomination...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesone, Joan! Congrats! You deserve it! I laughed so hard when you called it the "lobster Award." Perhaps that is what we should rename it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I am honored to receive it.

    Glad I made you laugh. Haha :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-I've just read this...:)---Your hair used to be "siete"? in English "Seven" loved that!!! Was that during Demi Moore's film Ghost?

    Well done-enjoyed reading it..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe...I'm not sure. :) But that was my haircut when I was a kid - iwas-kuto raw. :D Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for dropping by and reading this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are the chances we're both shy and love the citrus scent and love Jesus the Nazarene? I'm utterly and completely stunned to have finally made it to the Leibster award. THANKS JOAN RB! :) You earn a tagback SOON.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for your comment! I appreciate it. Be blessed!

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Jeepney Sayings

Etiquette in a Jeepney

Single Blessedness