Ads by Google

SEARCH THIS BLOG

FOLLOW BY EMAIL

Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quiz: Are you a Positive Thinker?


Last week, my sister and I hang around the mall to bond. After eating, I made sure I drop by my favorite bookstore to look for something to read [usually a romance novel ;)].  And then, I stumbled upon this book with intriguing title.  What a coincidence I wrote about positive thinking last time! Finding this book helped me checked myself.  And so, I'd like to share this to you, my friends.

(There are helpful tests and tips in this book but I won't put them all in a blog. The book is affordable.)

According to Dr. Amit Abraham, author of Personality Development through Positive Thinking, being optimistic helps us develop our personality (for the better).  

To check if you are a positive thinker, here take the test.

Please read the statements below and respond to them positively or negatively.  BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.  Your honesty in answering the test will help you.  Answer either YES or NO.  (You can grab a pen and a paper to write down your answers).

1. There are people who are much better than I am.
2. I always want things to be done my way.
3. I firmly believe that the first impression is the last impression.
4. I do not make hasty decisions.
5. I lack faith in abilities.
6. I welcome healthy criticism from others.
7. I never do backbiting.
8. I am known to crack jokes at the cost of others.
9. I wish I could have been more handsome/beautiful.
10. I patiently listen when others are talking.
11. Most of my problems do not seem to have solutions.
12. My mind is clear of polluted thoughts.
13. A chance lost is lost forever.
14. I am straightforward and honest.
15. Creativity is only for the builders, developers and artists.
16. I strongly believe that I am indispensable.
17. I have a high opinion about myself.
18. I hold respect for all class of people.
19. I am always right in what I say and do.
20. I like to take up new challenges.
21. I trust every decision I take.
22. I do not like to take additional responsibilities.
23. Making lame excuses is an art that not everyone can master.
24. I always think twice before I act.
25. I always speak positive about myself.
26. I seldom speak positive about others.
27. My heart rules over my head.
28. I do not have many good things to say about myself.
29. I can achieve what I dream of.
30. All efforts are mostly positively rewarded.
31. Gracefully accepting criticism is the key to success.
32. I complain when things are not done in my favor.

Source: Personality Development through Positive Thinking by Dr. Amit Abraham
             ©2004, Sterling Publishers Private Limited, New Delhi, India


After you have marked your responses, give 1 point each to the Yes you gave on questions numbers 1, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 29, 30 and 31; and 1 point each for the No you gave on questions numbers. 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28 and 32.  Thereafter, total your score for both.  If you have scored between 27-32 you have high positive thinking.  Between 20-26 you have average positive thinking.  Between 13-19 it is neutral.  Between 7-12 it is negative and between 0-6 it is very negative.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my book in your write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by and reading my post sir. :) I hope I did not put you in any compromising or uncomfortable position by referencing your work in this post. Thanks again, and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! I appreciate it. Be blessed!